Recommendations to ensure that you can enjoy yourself in complete safety whilst respecting the nature and the people around you.
- Keep to the signposted paths and ensure that you don’t go against the flow of the bike traffic
- Do not exceed your own limits and always proceed at a moderate speed.
- Be careful and courteous when overtaking or passing walkers (who always have the right of way).
- Check that your mountain bike is in good working order before you set off.
- Make sure you have the right equipment with you including something to eat and drink.
- If you are cycling alone please inform friends or family in advance of your planned itinerary.
- It is highly advisable to wear a helmet.
- Respect private and farm property.
- Be careful when you are near motorized and agricultural vehicles.
- Respect the environment, the flowers and the woodland. Do not go off the tracks.
- Respect the animals.
- Take any leftovers with you.
Please remember that you are in a mountain environment - you may find natural obstacles in your path and the weather can change suddenly. If you are a relative beginner and are afraid of getting lost please book a mountain bike instructor to accompany you